GUNS OF HISTORY BY MODEL SHIPWAYS
AMERICAN CIVIL WAR CANNON
WHITWORTH BREECH-LOADING 12-POUNDER
EASY-TO-BUILD BRITANNIA METAL KIT!
Designed by Sir Joseph Whitworth, the cannon that bore his name became a favored weapon of the Confederacy. Unusual in appearance as well as operation, the Whitworth was a breech-loader that fired an elongated 12-pound iron shell from a finely rifled 1,100 pound barrel. Accurate and easy to maneuver, it had a range of 4.5 miles and made a shrill, whistling noise which could be distinguished from all other cannon of the period. The Whitworth saw action at Gettysburg, Charleston, Vicksburg, Fredericksburg and many other American Civil War battlefields.
· Historically accurate and perfectly scaled
· Cleanly cast Britannia metal components
· Authentically detailed cannon barrel
· Realistic spoked wooden wheels
· Clearly written illustrated instructions
· Easy to build – assembly & painting time 5-10 hours
· Length 10"/ Width 4”
· Height 3-1/4”
· Scale 1:16
· Weight 1 lb. 4 oz.