Proxxon 24400 Precision Lathe PD400
This lathe is ideal for straight and cross-cuts, taper turning, internal and external thread cutting and slotting, and is usable on materials such as steel, non-ferrous metals, aluminium and alloys.
Even under heavy loadings, the solid precision of this machine demonstrates negligible tolerances. We offer a wide range of accessories to complement the lathe's functions.
The bed comes already equipped with a milled and tapped base surface for securing the PF 400 Mill/Drill unit.
With a comprehensive gearbox, The PD 400 is suitable for cutting threads in 19 steps from 0.2mm to 0.3mm. The belt options are clearly positioned and easy to change.
Included as standard is a 100mm Rohm precision feed chuck, a toolpost and two toolholders with individual stop and height adjustability, live rotating MK2 centre and tailstock chuck.
We are proud of the cross-braced cast iron bed; its wide legged shape has prism slides for the apron and the tailstock. An auto-feed facility is included on a protected lead screw with a 12mm x 1.5mm Acme thread.
- distance between centres: 400mm
- cross slide travel: 85mm
- over the top slide: 116mm
- cast iron base, ground and hardened ways
- oversized spindle with two adjustable taper bearings
- cutting tool dimensions: 10mm x 10mm
- taper: MK3
- bore: 20.5mm
- run-out (without chuck): 0.005mm
- spindle speeds: 1400rpm, 2800rpm
- motor output power: 550W
- zero-adjustable scaled wheels on all axes
- wheel resolution: 1 division = 0.05mm
- auto feed speed: 0.07mm/rev, 0.14m/rev
- integrated gearbox for metric threads: 0.2mm, 0.25mm, 0.3mm, 0.35mm, 0.4mm, 0.45mm, 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.7mm, 0.75mm, 0.8mm, 0.9mm, 1.0mm, 1.25mm, 1.5mm, 1.75mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm
- range of possible imperial threads: 10TPI - 48TPI
- tailstock chucking capacity: 10mm
- tailstock travel: 40mm
- overall dimensions: approximately 900mm x 400mm x 300mm
- mass: approximately 45kg
- rotating MK2 centre
- tailstock chuck
- leadscrew for automatic thread cutting
- graduated top slide with taper turning capability
- toolpost with adjustable toolholders
FREE PICK UP ALSO AVAILABLE IN BRAESIDE MELBOURNE
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobby Tools Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.